Being a true friend is simple and easy. Just do these 10 things:
1. Call to check on your friend when you don’t need anything or simply text and let them know you’re thinking of them.
2. Listen with compassion and interest. React with the appropriate compassion, concern or joy depending on what the occasion calls for.
3. Be there for them during times of hardship, not just in the good times.
4. Celebrate the success of your friend. Don’t make it a way to measure yourself- focus on their achievement.
5. Follow up after a difficult event in their life. Show you care and you’re thinking of them.
6. Do random acts of kindness to show your love. Remember love is a verb and you need to show it.
7. Assume the best of your friend and give them the benefit of the doubt.
8. Be loyal and truthful. A true friend will never betray a trust.
9. Encourage your friend to succeed in every areas of life. A true friend makes you a better person and reminds you of all the things that matter most.
What do you think are the most valuable traits of a good friend?